Friday, November 12, 2010

Open Source!

I decided to make EDS open source and appeal to EDS's users for a new form of fix/feature request: actual code changes. The code which lists the websites and parses their links is present on github now:

https://github.com/lwerdna/EliteDealSeeker-Core

If you want a website listed or fixed or even a new category, just modify the code and send a "pull request" to me and I will integrate your changes into EDS's code. I wrote more on the topic here:

http://elitedealseeker.com/open_source.html

Please comment; I'm curious to know if anybody would be actually interested in working with me like this.

Normal reports of broken links/sites are still invited, of course!

12 comments:

  1. Think Watchuseek links are broken. They recently upgraded the forum software and I don't think EDS is seeing it now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for being persistent and letting me know. Watchuseek works now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance of getting Snipers Hide back up and running?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reporting Snipers Hide, it's working now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Great site! Could you please add Impulse-Owners.com to the paintball section?

    Here is the link.

    http://www.impulse-owners.com/buyselltrade/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. rolexforums.com is not working.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673 is the vintage rolex forum. Could you please add that.
    I looked at making changes to core but its over my head
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. added impulse-owners, thanks anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rolexforums.com is doing some weird stuff:

    HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
    Server: nginx
    Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:52:04 GMT
    Content-Length: 0
    Connection: close
    Set-Cookie: cDRGN=891958777; path=/
    P3P: CP="CUR ADM OUR NOR STA NID", policyref="/w3c/p3p.xml"
    Location: http://rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9&drgn=1

    If I then try to go to this page, it redirects me again to the same page but with drgn=2 - if I follow that, then it's 3....

    If I make repeat back cookie cDRGN=891958777 then it works.... so it's fixed now

    ReplyDelete
  9. added vintage rolex market

    (these updates will take about an hour to kick in)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks andrew! vintage rolex forumworks great!!
    VERY COOL AND VERY HELPFUL!!!
    it would take me half hour to go through these forums looking for a certain watch listing.
    rolexforums.com still seems broken though?

    ReplyDelete
  11. rolexforums.com seems to be working now

    ReplyDelete
  12. can we add theoutdoorstrader.com?

    ReplyDelete